Very fine glass beads for weighting your reborn doll. 5 lbs per bag.
This grade of beads can be contained in nylons and other fabric without leaking through like our economy grade does.
- Takes a little to weight a lot! See the comparison cup chart below. This is our choice when weighting our doll kits.
- Glass beads weigh more per square inch than weighting pellets so you can put more in to the body for extra weight. It takes much fewer glass beads to make the doll feel much heavier. (see photo)
- The beads look similar to sand and this also prevents the tiny lumps and bumps from pellets.
- The glass beads are actually round and have smooth edges although you cannot really tell with the naked eye.
- These beads allow you to weight big and small doll kits with ease and to achieve the desired weight without much bulk.
- Glass beads also eliminate the issue with chemical reactions between the doll kit vinyl and the plastic weight beads. Although we suggest you still put the glass beads in a cloth bag or similar containment for inside the body slip, head and limbs, this would not be a requirement.
- Glass beads are triple bagged and triple sealed to prevent leakage.
- These glass beads can also ship to Australia and New Zealand.
- (See comparison photos that show the difference in size to 2 lbs of pellets and the glass weight beads to show the density of glass beads over other stuffing/filling.)